Monday, May 14, 2007

Spider-Man 3: We Phoned It In

Evan Baxter: Oh, there we go. Sorry about that. In other news the Prime Minister of Sweden visited Washington today and my tiny little nipples went to France.
"Bruce Almighty"

The Distraction and I saw Spider-Man 3 on the weekend. I have been hearing all these negative reviews about it, but I never thought they would be right. At best I'd give it a 6 out of 10. A friend of mine told me before I had seen it that they use a few get out of gaol free cards in the movie, and man did they stand out.

The action scenes were good of course, but really this was the weakest of the trilogy by far, and very disappointing. Topher Grace was ok, and the much anticipated cameo from Bruce Campbell was a highlight, but after that it was pretty ordinary. I hope the rest of the blockbuster season is a great improvement.

I have had a busy week as it seems the rest of my family has caught the poker bug. In the past week I have had requests from both my brothers, my dad and one uncle to set them up on Internet poker. All praise be to affiliate deals! Now if I can get a few friends who have feigned interest to sign up (as well as anyone reading – check the two links on the side, minimum deposit is $50) I might have an affiliate payout of over $1K by month's end. And the way I have been playing, I need it.

Had a small home game this week, with just 5 runners including the distraction playing some cheap SNG's at my house. I finished 2 nd and 1st (though when it was heads up we called it quits each time to get the next game going) and all in all played really well. Then we started the cash games and I have no idea what happened, but I could not win a hand. It became comical at the end when I would openly say I had to get rid of one player before the river, and he hit the river what would have been 7 to 8 times in a row.

I managed to get even on one hand when I hit a ten high straight vs a 9 high one (99 vs T9), which was a lucky one where an open ender on the flop was filled on the turn. About 5 minutes earlier, the victim was saying how much they hate pocket 9's. Funny how things work like that sometimes. Still, I was due to get lucky eventually after all the beats I took in that cash game.

Online, I think I had some small wins, as I reverted back to the SNG's because I could not get anything to go my way in the cash games. Still lucky to break even at the moment but I know a good run is just around the corner.

1 comment:

DuggleBogey said...

I usually like your movie reviews, but I really dislike it when people say they didn't like a movie, but don't say one thing about it they disliked.