Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Can Has Poker?

Ernest Menville: Where did you put my wife?
Second Doctor: She's dead, sir. They took her to the morgue.
Ernest Menville: The morgue? She'll be FURIOUS!
”Death Becomes Her”

For the first time in over 2 months, I played a full night of poker, and it hurt. Not chips wise – I ended up in front – but I was really looking for a place to lay my head when 5am came around. I guess forgetting to bring the red bull along didn’t help either.

The game was good, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves for the most part of it. I had a yo-yo night at the start, trying to play some silly hands just for laughs and getting caught. I lost two buy ins before things turned my way and then I was well in front before going cold for the last hour or so.

Big hands never came, but I had to work really hard for some of the pots to get others to fold. I was really happy with the way I played, all things considered. Maybe some time away from the tables has actually helped my game. I did pick up on some tells of my own when it came to river bets – a certain consistent amount was a value bet, and another was a bluff. By this time though it was early morning and I guess others were not as observant as they normally would be.

Getting out to play is very difficult these days, as is trying to play online when at any moment I could be called away for baby duties. I don’t think the Distraction will take “But I’ve flopped two pair!” as a valid excuse for neglecting fatherly duties. Well, at least not twice.

The stupid hands I was playing was 23 off suit and 63 off suit, both just because that is what is done in these games. 23 is always played on a certain players big blind, and 63 is played anytime I can come in for the first raise. It is a home game after all, you’ve got to have your fun.

Biggest hand of the night was when I kind of got caught trying to put a move on a player I felt was weak in the hand, and they called. I was right, they were weak and had only second or third pair, which left me with the nut flush draw, a gut shot straight and two overcards. Lotsa outs in other words – and the flush came. I don’t think I was under break ever after that point.

So my reads were pretty good, I made hands when I needed to and got just as lucky as I was unlucky. Had some fun talking shit with the other guys – such as what would you do if you won $59 million dollars – and all in all just enjoyed the chance to get out and play again. I haven’t felt like it was missing from my life, but it was nice none the less.

5 comments:

thanida said...

Very helpful! Thanks so much! Now I get to categorize my posts.
ไฮโล

supersonic100g9 said...

ชี้แนะสำหรับชาวต่างประเทศที่พึงพอใจทำรับรอง กับปริศนายอดนิยม “คนต่างประเทศทำรับรองได้ไหม” ไม่ว่าจะเป็น สัญญาประกัน สัญญาประกันภัย รับรองสุขภาพ รับรองการเดินทาง ประกันสังคม และก็รับรองชนิดอื่นๆบอกเลยว่าผู้ใดมีเงื่อนเป็นคนต่างประเทศ รีบแชร์ให้อ่านเลย สิทธิประโยชน์มากมายก่ายกอง จงรักษาสิทธิ์ของตนให้ดี แล้วชีวิตจะง่ายดายมากยิ่งขึ้นอย่างแน่แท้

เช่ารถพร้อมคนขับ
เช่ารถดอนเมือง
เช่ารถรายวัน
บริการรถเช่า
รถเช่ากระบะ

murakami said...

Thanks dear for this wonderful article. It will definitely help me to improve my new experience.
joker123

nira said...

I need to change layout of the summary. can you help ?
sagame66
sagame77
sagame88

Unknown said...

แทงบอล ts911 คนภายในเยอรมนีจะเย้ายวนใจจำนวนขนาดใหญ่ต่อการเดิมพันคาสิโน