Saturday, November 14, 2009

Everyone Has A Lesson To Teach

State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: Mr. Little, how does a man rob drug dealers for eight or nine years and live to tell about it?
Omar: Day at a time I suppose?
"The Wire"

What a fascinating night of home game poker. We were playing a SNG with 10 players, which consisted of about 3 who didn't have a clue, 3 who only just had a clue and the rest were at a level I consider myself on. Oh, and one of them was a 9 year old girl. Yeah, she won of course.

What happened? I lost by playing badly, but I think I learnt lessons that will earn me much more money in the future. I gave people far too much credit for what they were doing, what they knew and what they were paying attention to.

Perfect example, raise preflop with TT, get called in 2 places. Flop comes AQ7, I follow up with another bet, get raised and 3rd player re-raises all-in. Ok, I'm done and much. 2nd player calls. They show 99 and K8. Hmm, very interesting.

But the lesson was in aggression, and knowing your opponents. I didn't catch on to what was going on until it was too late. By then, I loose a coin flip to a short stack on the turn (my 88 vs A9) and then loose another coin flip when I was the short stack, and away I go.

Thankfully, we played a cash game afterwards where I won back my buy in, as well as a bit extra for my time. Felt very comfortable in the cash game and tried a few more aggressive moves when the times seemed right. Worked pretty well, I think I might have to add a few weapons to my arsenal, which needs it.


3 comments:

Jose said...

Dear Webmaster,

My name is Jose, and I'm in charge of marketing Euro Partners and am looking for some serious partners for my brand.

I'm interested in having our Poker brand promoted on your website http://pokeronfilm.blogspot.com/ and would like to discuss this in more detail ASAP.


Best Regards,
J.
--

Jose Danon
Affiliate Manager

* Mobile +972 54 8099 244 : Spain +34 900 957 056 ext. 2627
* US 1 866 725 8558 ext. 2627
* UK +44 0 800 066 4322 ext. 2627

IM : euro.josed@hotmail.com
Email : josedan@europartners.com
www.europartners.com

marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
_____________________________

Architecture Dissertation

Dissertation Writing service said...

This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog loving people.

Dissertation Conclusion