Monday, May 02, 2005

If At First You Don't Succeed...

Tom Cronin: He's making his first mistake.
Nicky: It's not a mistake. They don't make mistakes. They don't do random. There's always an objective. Always a target.
Pamela Landy: The objectives and targets always came from us. Who's giving them to him now?
Nicky: Scary version? He is.
”The Bourne Supremacy”

As expected, I didn’t get a chance to play a single hand of poker over the weekend. I wasn’t able to make the small satellite I qualified for, I was working all day Saturday and then all day Sunday was at the church for a pre-marital course. Basically it was to get a certificate so that we could be married in a church. Pretty long and boring, but necessary stuff.

I have a normal office job, Monday to Friday, so working Saturday only happens if there is something specific that is needed. This weekend was our first attempt at a Guinness World Record that I have been talking about here for some time. I was very excited about the attempt, but unfortunately our first test run was a failure. I won’t reveal the details of the record until we have it confirmed, which should be this Saturday. Our attempt was pretty good, but failed on one crucial component – one that I have been assured will take a few hours to fix and then we are good to go for attempt 2. Here’s hoping.

Looking forward to getting out and seeing “The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy” this week some time. Looks awesome, and from a few friends reviews it sounds like it won’t disappoint.

It is going to be hard to get some quality time in on the felt for the next few weeks, but after that I will be back to my poker fiendish self.

No comments: