Friday, March 11, 2005

Enough Already

Narrator: Well, what do you want me to do? You just want me to hit you?
Tyler Durden: C'mon, do me this one favor.
Narrator: Why?
Tyler Durden: Why? I don't know why; I don't know. Never been in a fight. You?
Narrator: No, but that's a good thing.
Tyler Durden: No, it is not. How much can you know about yourself, you've never been in a fight? I don't wanna die without any scars. So come on; hit me before I lose my nerve.
Narrator: This is crazy.
Tyler Durden: So go crazy. Let 'er rip.
Narrator: I don't know about this.
Tyler Durden: I don't either. Who gives a shit? No one's watching. What do you care?
Narrator: Whoa, wait, this is crazy. You want me to hit you?
Tyler Durden: That's right.
Narrator: What, like in the face?
Tyler Durden: Surprise me.
Narrator: This is so fucking stupid...
[Narrator swings, connects against Tyler's head]
Tyler Durden: Motherfucker! You hit me in the ear!
Narrator: Well, Jesus, I'm sorry.
Tyler Durden: Ow, Christ... why the ear, man?
Narrator: Guess I fucked it up...
Tyler Durden: No, that was perfect!
"Fight Club"

My, what a big quote. Well chosen too, for the subject matter is of horid timing. I feel like I was savagly beaten last night, and then they started to go to work on me. I am still annoyed with last night’s poker. Brutal – just brutal. I defy anybody to match bad beat stories with this little run last night that cost me ½ of my bankroll in under 1 hour.

$20 SNG – With 5 left, I am just below the starting stack so I need to make a move. I am heads up with the one guy with a smaller stack than mine. I have QJ, and on a Queen high flop he opens the betting for 2BB. I know he must have a Queen, but probably nothing to go with it otherwise this late in the SNG and with that stack, he probably would have pushed before the flop. I re-raise all-in, and he goes into his time bank to think about it. Eventually he calls, and shows Q9. Turn is a blank, river is a 9.

Next hand, with about 3 BB total, I go all in with ATh. Big stack calls with 79o. Hits a 7 on the river.

On another $20 SNG immediately following, I limp and see a KJx flop, me holding KJ. I raise, get re-raised all-in by the big blind who also limped. I call, and he flips over AA. The turn is the four of hearts, the river is the four of diamonds.

$1/$2 Omaha – Holding 55xx, the flop is a lovely 522. I bet and get called all the way to the river by QQxx, who hits one of the two outs on the river. Later on again with 55 I flop Quads – make $3.50 off that hand.

$25PL Omaha – I have AQJ9, double suited. Flop comes KTx, giving me multiple outs to the nut flush. A pot sized bet is made, and I along with one other call. Turn is 9, giving me the nut straight and best hand at this point. Two people all-in before me, and I just know one has KKxx, leaving him with 8 outs I thought (because I have one of the nines). Unfortuantly, I realised he has 9 outs as he spikes the forth King on the river for a $70+ pot.

With the remains of my stack, I am all-in on an Ace high flop with pocket aces. Someone calls and hits runner-runner flush for the win.

In full tilt mode, I enter a Holdem $30 MTT with about 500 others. I fold, fold, fold into level three. On the big blind I have the King of hearts and some rag. Flop comes 9TJ, all hearts. Checked all round. Turn is the Ace, giving me the nut flush and a gut shot to a Royal Flush. Checked all round. River is a rag, and UTG I checked it again. Next player bets out, gets called by the third. I go all in as I am about 2/3 of the average stack, and get called by Qh8h who hit a triple gut buster on the flop and I was drawing dead from there.

All of these games happened in an hour. If even just one of these hands went the other way, I may have been even for the night.

I think I will give poker a rest for this weekend.

No comments: