Monday, January 16, 2006

Kudos To Full Tilt

Stephen: The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fucked
”Braveheart”

Like the new Poker On Film graphic? Yeah, it smacks of amateurism, but I have no photoshop or Illustrator experience so that was the best I could do. The text isn’t quite lined up right but it will do me for now.

In a most spectacular fashion, I titled off the rest of my single digit bank roll the other night – even if it was only $6. Some of it bad luck, some of it bad play, but in the end it doesn’t matter how it happened, it just did. I was annoyed at loosing it, but to tell you the truth it was kind of a mercy killing. I wasn’t enjoying the games at all and I certainly wasn’t building a bank roll from it.

I had to wait 2 days before my online bankroll got a healthy little kick, which I’m a bit half and half on to be honest. I am finding that I just don’t have the patience for micro limit games at the moment, or perhaps it is online poker at all. If there was a live game option less than an hour away from home I would be all over it. Alas, there is not.

I should start my own card room, if for no other reason than to start designing my own chips like Bad Blood did. Seriously, how cool do they look – even if he decided against putting a picture of the guns on them.

I’d be all over that idea, and get my own design on some decent plastic cards too. I’m not one for graphic design from scratch, but I consider myself an expert in improving upon other peoples work.

Speaking of the new kick in my bankroll, a little something happened online on Sunday morning while playing on Full Tilt. I had a few hours spare without any Distractions, and it was perfectly timed with the $10+$1 tournament. I have never played a tournament at full tilt and I was curious to see how they play out at this site compared to others.

After about an hour I am about average, with double the starting stack (could have been 4x that amount, but that’s another story). Anyways, I’m looking down at a decent hand on the flop and looking to raise it up, when the connection drops. I log out and try to log back in for the next 30 minutes but to no avail. I sent an email to support asking what’s up (obviously my connection was fine, it was just the servers) and I lament further my plight as the only poker site I have money at the minute is down.

So what happens? I get a reply from support not too long afterwards saying yes indeed, they have problems and all tournament buy ins would be returned. Later that night I was able to log back in, and the money was sitting there proudly in my account.

See? Was that so hard? My point here is fuck ups happen, there is no denying that. Sometimes there is absolutely no stopping it, no way to foresee it or prevent it – shit happens. And it did happen on Sunday – I don’t know what the problem was, but there was one, and Full Tilt came through and dealt with it. How easy was that?

Yeah, I was disappointed that I couldn’t finish off my tournament, but them’s the breaks. I was pleased to see they could deal with the problem in the best possible manner and so quickly.

Often we spend our time bitching about different rooms and the problems they have (including how rigged they are), so when the rooms do you right I say it is best to speak out about it too.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Nice attempt on the banner. I had some time and you inspired me, so if you'll have it, I've designed a new banner for you. It's at http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2377/921/400/PokerOnFilm.jpg.

Let me know what you think.